Monday, July 02, 2007

Mickey Mantle Pepsi Card

Pepsi recently ran a promotion that included three special Topps baseball cards in each 24-pack of Pepsi. Upon opening one pack, I found a 2007 Topps baseball card that had Edgar Renteria on the front, and Mickey Mantle's stats on the back.

A unique error on a baseball card is a rare find and any true collector knows that. I immediately called Pepsi's customer service at 1-800-433-2652 to report the error and find out if was going to be corrected. I reached a customer service representative who immediately forwarded my request to Pepsi's promotions department.

I am pleased to say that someone from Pepsi's promotions department called me back within a thirty minutes after my initial call. I received a corrected Mickey Mantle card in the mail several days later. I commend Pepsi for their quick response to the situation. This is yet another great example why I feel Pepsi is an outstanding brand.

I've been trying to find out the value of the corrected Mickey Mantle card. It is currently selling on eBay for about $50, which is not a bad return-on-investment (ROI) for a 24-pack of Pepsi. I feel the value of the corrected version may go up as more people find out about the rare card.

An eBay screenshot along with a picture of the Mickey Mantle card are shown below.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have one also.

Mickey photo on front and Edgar stats on the back. Have you come accross others?

Eastman
Childs1320@hotmail.com