Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Obama on Iraq



Here is another clip that I found on Youtube. It was posted on January 14, 2007 and has 123,434 views and 306 comments. It is not as viral as the Hillary 1984 Spoof, but still illustrates my point that social media will play a huge role in the next presidential election.

This video features an exerpt with Barack Obama speaking in Face The Nation. There is voter commentary before and after the video. Personally, I think we will continue to see spoof videos like this be posted on the internet featuring political candidates. I'll make sure to keep looking for new examples of social media in the 2008 presidential election.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I think your right, I think in order to capture the attention of the "internet crowd" (which includes a majority of young adults who don't vote)we are going to see a big change in how the candidates utilize social media to communicate in the 08 race. Cool topic!

By the way just wanted to give you a heads up I moved my blog to its own domain www.bloggersayswhat.com

Ronald Coyle said...

Thanks for the comment. I'll make sure to update my link.